This article lists solutions to common causes for recipients missing a badge award.
I submitted my work/completed the course in Canvas and have not received my badge.
- If you're enrolled in a MOOC, please allow 1-3 days after completing the course/work. Courses with a large number of students can take extra time for Badgr to check the entire roster and award the badges. This check for badges must be triggered by students or teachers, so you may be able to help your badge award more quickly by checking it in the course. See Triggering badge awards in Canvas for more information.
- If you still haven't received your badge, please contact your instructor for more information. Instructors set the earning criteria for the badge and are responsible for awarding the badge when those criteria are met.
- Occasionally there's an error in the course that prevents a badge from being awarded. Reporting this issue to your instructor will help them learn if multiple students in your group are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, Badgr Support is only able to assist instructors if there's an issue in the course preventing an award.
It says my badge was awarded but I did 't receive my badge.
- If you didn't receive the award email, please check with your issuer (course instructor) to learn which email your badge was awarded to.
- If your badge was awarded to a different email than you used to create your Badgr account, you can add an additional email to your account. Once you add your secondary email, any badges awarded to that address will appear in your backpack.
I tried uploading my badge but it says it doesn't belong to me.
- Typically, this indicates that the badge was awarded to a different email than the one your Badgr account was created with. Contact your issuer (course instructor) to learn if your badge was awarded to a different email than expected. You can add the correct email to your account as a secondary email and try adding your badge again.
- If you are a WGU student, your badge may have been awarded to an @my.wgu.edu email variant. You can add this identifier to your account to find your badge.
I logged into my account and can't find my badge/issuer anymore.
- If you reside in a region outside the U.S., you may have been redirected to an account on a different server when logging in with a new or different device (see Badgr server locations). Badgr information is not shared across servers, which can cause your badges to appear "missing." You can locate your badge(s) by logging into your account on the correct server.
- You may have multiple accounts using different email addresses. If you find that you have created multiple accounts, you can contact us at email@example.com for assistance in merging your accounts.