It is not possible to merge accounts across Badgr Servers. This article provides information about moving your badges between two accounts on different servers so that you can maintain access to all your earned badges. To learn more about Badgr servers see: Selecting a Badgr server location (AU, CA, EU, US)
Why should I move my badges?
Common problems with multiple server accounts:
- My badges are "missing." You may open Badgr on your phone and see a number of earned badges, but your backpack is empty on your computer. The two devices are logged into accounts on two different servers. You can manually add your badges to the account on the server nearest to where you live.
- Badges from my classes aren't appearing in my account. The class only automatically awards Badgr badges to the same server it is using. Badges must be manually uploaded to an account on a different server. For example, if a US school is awarding badges, the badges will automatically appear in a US Badgr account. Students with a different server account (EU, AU, CA) attending the same school will have to manually upload their badges.
- I have an account on two different servers, will I lose my badges? If you plan to only use the account on the server nearest where you live, you can manually upload your badges to that account.
Copying Badge Information from your Backpack for Transfer
- Badge image – you can upload your badge directly if you have been sent the badge (via email) or have downloaded it from another service. Use the drag and drop feature or the file picker to select the badge. You can also download a badge directly from your backpack by right-clicking and selecting "Save as."
- BADGE URL – You can get the badge URL by selecting "Share," from the right side menu then the "Copy" button to copy the share URL.
- JSON - From your backpack, select the badge you would like to download. On the badge details page, select "View JSON" in the bottom right. When the dialog box appears, select "Copy to clipboard."
URL assertions are "baked" into a badge image so that a badge can be verified by various services (for example, a badge backpack). Sometimes, a badge doesn't have an image associated with it, or is otherwise not downloaded, and can be added to a backpack service by inputting the Assertion URL.
Adding badges to your Badgr backpack