The Groups feature in Badgr Pathways is used to organize badge recipients into different segments or cohorts, so that they may be easily tracked along a Learning Pathway. Groups may be subscribed to more than one pathway and any number of groups can be subscribed to the same pathway.
Pathways is a paid feature of Badgr Pro. Contact our sales team for pricing.
- Manually, through a Badgr Pro account
- Automatically, through the placement of a custom Pathways LTI in a Learning Management System (LMS).
If you switch a group from visible to hidden, your learners will lose access to the visible group, and will only have access to their subscribed pathways. Switching back may confuse your learners, especially if they have already made progress on objectives.
- Navigate to your organizational space by clicking on the Badgr icon in the upper left and selecting your organization from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Issuers tab from the top navigation bar, and select the issuer for the Pathway you would like to add a group to.
- Select the "Pathways" tab.
- Select the published Pathway you wish to add a group to.
- Select the "Subscribe Group" button.
- Select the Group(s) you wish to add from the available list and select "Add Group" when finished.
Unsubscribing a hidden group from a pathway
- Select the Pathways tab from the issuer's page.
- Select the Pathway you wish to edit.
- Select the ellipses to the right of the group you wish to unsubscribe.
- Select "Unsubscribe from Pathway" from the drop menu.
- This will not delete the group. It is only unsubscribed from the selected Pathway.
Add or remove members from an existing group
- From the organizational space of your Badgr account, select the issuer containing a Pathway whose group you would like to edit.
- Select the "Groups" tab from the issuer's page.
- Select the name of the group you wish to edit.
- From the group's detail page, you can add a member by selecting the "Add Member" button.
- To remove a member, or resend an invitation, select the ellipses to the right of their name to open a drop menu.
Creating a hidden group automatically through the Badgr Pathways LTI in an LMS