The Groups feature in Badgr Pathways is used to organize badge recipients into different segments or cohorts, so that they may be easily tracked along a Learning Pathway. Groups may be subscribed to more than one pathway and any number of groups can be subscribed to the same pathway.
Groups and Pathways are paid features of Badgr Pro. Contact our sales team for pricing.
- Manually, through a Badgr Pro account
- Automatically, through the placement of a custom Pathways LTI in a Learning Management System (LMS).
Creating Groups Manually through Badgr Pathways
You must first create a Group before it can be added to a published Pathway. Groups can only be created from the groups tab of an issuer's page.
Select your initials in the upper right corner and use the dropdown menu to navigate to your organization space.
Select an issuer with a published Pathway you would like to add a group to, or create a new Pathway and publish it. To learn more about creating pathways, view our article How to create and edit a Badgr Pathway
The Pathways menu is for learners. This is where they access pathways they subscribe to. The Issuers menu is for badging program administrators. This is where admins create and manage pathways.
3. Go to the Groups tab on the Issuer Details page.
4. Select the "Create Group" button.
Adding a Group to an Existing Pathway
- Navigate to your organizational space by clicking on your initials in the upper right and selecting your organization from the drop-down menu.
- Select the issuer for the Pathway you would like to add a group to.
- Select the "Pathways" tab.
- Select the published Pathway you wish to add a group to.
- Select the "Subscribe Group" button.
- Select the Group(s) you wish to add from the available list and select "Add Group" when finished.
Unsubscribing a Group from a Pathway
- Select the Pathways tab from the issuer's page.
- Select the Pathway you wish to edit.
- Select the ellipses to the right of the group you wish to unsubscribe.
- Select "Unsubscribe from Pathway" from the drop menu.
- This will not delete the group. It is only unsubscribed from the selected Pathway.
Add or Remove Members from an Existing Group
- From the organizational space of your Badgr account, select the issuer containing a Pathway whose group you would like to edit.
- Select the "Groups" tab from the issuer's page.
- Select the name of the group you wish to edit.
- From the groups detail page, you can add a member by selecting the "Add Member" button.
- To remove a member, or resend an invitation, select the ellipses to the right of their name to open a drop menu.