Sharing a Badgr issuer allows users from different Badgr accounts to create, delete, and award the same set of badges.
- Select the issuer you wish to share.
- Select the Staff tab to access the Issuer Staff menu.
- Click the Add Staff button
- Add additional users via their email address
- Owner - Typically the creator of the Issuer, the owner can add or remove other Editors and Staff Members. The owner has full rights to create, delete, and award badges.
- Editor - Have full rights to create, delete, and award badges. And the ability to edit issuer details.
- Staff Member - Ability to issue badges created by Owners and Editors.
Changing an Issuer Staff's role or Removing staff
- Click on the ellipsis to the right of the user you wish to change. A dropdown menu will appear with options to Edit Staff or Remove Staff.
- Edit Staff - Click the Edit Staff option from the dropdown. A popup will appear allowing you to change the users role.
- Remove Staff - From the dropdown click the Remove Staff option. A popup will appear asking you to confirm the removal of this staff user.
Sharing an issuer through Canvas
- The first teacher in your Canvas course that clicks the Badges menu item (and thus, is the first to access the Badgr app), will be able to set up the badge issuer profile for the course.
- Once the issuer profile is created or selected, any teacher in the Canvas course who accesses the Badgr app, by clicking the Badges menu will have "write" access to the Issuer and can edit the award settings.
- To share an issuer and badges with other Instructors, invite the other instructor to a course where Badgr has been installed and an issuer has been created.
- The visiting instructor should click the Badges menu, then they will see the Issuer profile and be automatically added to it.
- Once a teacher is associated with the issuer, they will have access to the same issuer in their other courses.
- The visiting teacher can then go to any other Canvas course as an Instructor and when they click the Badges menu, they will be able to use the existing issuer or create a new one.