Revoking a badge removes the assertion from the badge, and anyone who attempts to verify it will determine that the badge is not valid. Currently, you can only revoke or remove a badge from individual earners.
- Click the Issuers tab.
- Click the relevant issuer to get to its list of badges.
- Issuer Badges lists all the badges associated with the issuer, date created and the number of award recipients.
- Click a badge that has a recipient whose badge must be revoked, and find the recipient in the list of awards.
- Click the ellipsis next to the user you wish to revoke the badge from.
- Click the revoke button and confirm to prevent this recipient from verifying this badge in the future.
Deleting a Badge
To delete a badge that has already been awarded, you will first need to revoke the badge from each student that it was awarded to.
- Click the badge and select the Awards tab to see a list of badge recipients.
- Click Revoke for each recipient and confirm.
- To delete a badge that has not yet been awarded click DELETE in the right side column.
Revoking a badge in the Badgr app in Canvas
Sometimes a teacher discovers that a badge awarded automatically for module completion needs to be revoked. Perhaps a student broke the plagiarism code of conduct. Badgr allows teachers to revoke badges in cases such as these.
- Log into Canvas and navigate to the course where you are a teacher.
- Alter the student's grade or condition that triggered module completion for the relevant badge so it is not automatically re-awarded to them after you revoke it.
- Navigate to Badgr via the Badges item in the left-side course navigation menu.
- Click the Progress tab in the Badgr app.
- Find the page where the student in question appears or search for the student by name with the search box.
- For a particular student, click the badge you wish to revoke to open the detail dialog.
- Click Revoke Badge.