Organizations utilizing multiple pathways may wish to direct their program participants and learners to their personalized Learner Record in Badgr. As users move through Badgr Pathways and earn badges, Badgr tracks user progress and accomplishments in a Learner Record that users can customize and share.
The Learner Record was created so that users participating in badged pathway programs can quickly and easily visualize, understand, and share Pathway progress, at a high level, without going into each individual Pathway. The Learner Record allows users to see which Milestone badges they've earned; measure their progress along the pathway(s), and allows them to share their Learner Record with 3rd parties such as admissions departments or hiring committees. The Learner Record encapsulates all the learning that takes place in an Organization, similar to a transcript.
Learner Record Information
- A personalized dashboard visualization of multiple pathways in alphabetical order displayed date the relevant group invite was created oldest first so that new ones default to the bottom.
- Completed pathways and pathways in progress.
- Recently awarded badges.
- Information about sharing their Learner Record.
Accessing the Learner Record
The Learner Record is a Badgr Pro feature. If you do not see an Organization listed on your menu, you may not be enrolled in a program that subscribes to Badgr Pro.
- Navigate to the Organization space from the Profile menu. The Organization "space" is typically the menu item immediately following the "Personal" menu item.
- Once in the Organization space, you may observe the Organization's brand and logo or you may see the Badgr Pro logo on the upper left of the page.
- Access the My Record tab from the Organization menu to see earned badges and pathway progress.
- View a list of the Pathways to which they are subscribed to.
- See which Milestone and Prerequisite badges they've earned or need to earn.
- Select a Milestone or Prerequisite badge to view specific details about the badge.
- Share their Learner Record and manage what content is displayed.
- To share the Learner Record, first, toggle the Public button to on. When turned on, anyone with the link to your Learner Record will be able to see your progress.
2. Once sharing is enabled, the user will have access to Edit which steps they want to share. To only share certain items, access the Edit button.
3. Once editing is enabled, the user can control the order in which the items are displayed as well as which items are visible.
1. Use the arrows to move individual Pathway Progress up or down to display them in the order you choose.
2. Use the eye symbol to make progress visible or hidden. By default, hidden pathways are moved to the bottom of the list.
If you have shared a URL but later turn off public visibility, a "Learner Record Not Found" message will be displayed to anyone attempting to view your URL.
Q: Can I create multiple versions of my Learner Record to share with different people?
A: No. Think of your Learner Record like a website that’s the same for everyone who visits — there’s just one version at any given time. When you update your Learner Record, the new version will replace the previous version, and moving forward all visitors will see the new version. If you shared your Learner Record link with someone in the past and that person uses the link after you make changes, they will see the updated version.
Q: I see the option to make my Learner Record public. What does “public” mean?
A: When you turn on the toggle for Public, anyone who has the link can view your Learner Record. If the toggle is off, no one can view it. Your Learner Record will not appear in Internet search results.
Q: Where do I find the link I can use to share my Learner Record?
A: On the Learner Record page, turn on the Public toggle, then click the Share button.
Q: Can I see how my Learner Record will display for others?
A: Yes. To view the public version of your Learner Record:
- turn on the “Public” toggle
- click Share
- copy the link
- enter the link in a new window or tab of your Internet browser
Q: How does the Learner Record relate to the Overview on My Dashboard?
A: The Learner Record page includes some of the information from your Overview page — specifically, your Pathways, the Badges you’ve earned on those Pathways and any Badges you have earned that are not part of a Pathway. You can select which of these to include in the Learner Record you share.
Q: What is a Milestone Badge?
A: Milestone Badges represent the achievement of important parts of a journey through the pathway, such as mastery of a competency or completion of a section of a learning program.