What are Emsi Skills?
Badgr and Emsi have partnered together to help learners and job seekers worldwide understand how their credentials translate into the skills that lead into a successful career or promotion. Each skill in the Emsi skills library has a public page that describes the skill, highlights related skills, and lists the top companies that include the skill in their job postings. With growing interest in non-degree and skills-focused training programs, this powerful combination of solutions will enable the design of high quality, stackable programs designed to upskill and reskill workers by combining online certificates, industry certifications, apprenticeships, and micro-credentials. Badges issued by Badgr Pro issuers can now be linked with skills so that links to job market data appears when those badges are viewed or shared.
Why should I include Emsi skills in my Badge?
How to add Skills to a Badge
- From the "Edit Organization" page, select the "Content Settings" tab.
- Scroll down until you see the section labeled "Badge Skill Alignments."
- Select the option you would like to use from the list.
- Select "Save Organization."
- Select the issuer you would like your badge to be awarded from.
- Select "Create Badge" or select an existing badge you wish to edit, and select "Edit Badge."
- Complete the required fields ending in "Earning Criteria."
- The next step will be "Skills."
- Enter the Skill(s) you wish to represent with this badge award, such as "Teacher" or "CDL Driver."
- You will see suggestions auto populate based on your entered criteria. Select the most appropriate suggestion to add it to your badge.
- Complete the badge creation by selecting "Create Badge" or "Save Changes."
Selecting one of the skills will open a new tab or webpage displaying data about the skill and jobs related to it. The screenshots below show some example data that may appear when users open a skills link.
Or outside the North American region, job data may be linked on Indeed.com: