How to import an existing badge class to a different issuer
The Import Badge feature is available in both paid and free Badgr accounts. This can be helpful if you wish to award the same set of badges on multiple Badgr servers, and in other situations where different issuers may be required to award the same badge.
- While logged into your Badgr account, select the issuers tab from the top navigation bar.
- Select the issuer you would like to import your badge to from the list.
- Select the "Import Badge" button.
In a different tab or window, find the badge you wish to import. This can be from a different Badgr server location, the same server but a different issuer, or a different Open Badge compliant badging platform.
Save or copy the badge image, public URL, or JSON from an awarded badge assertion. The image from a badge class from a different issuer will not contain the badge metadata necessary to replace a badge. A badge assertion's image needed, or the public page URL.
Go back to the tab containing the issuer you wish to update.
Paste or upload the badge image, URL, or JSON in the appropriate field. Select "Continue."
- On the next page, you will have an opportunity to review the badge information. When you are ready, select the "Import" button.
- You will now be on the badge details page for the badge that you imported.