This is a paid feature of Badgr Pro.
With custom badge properties, you can add a property containing customized text or numbered values to your badges. This can be helpful for situations when you want to differentiate one badge from another within a particular issuer. For example, the badge properties could indicate that it was awarded for a credit-bearing course. It could also indicate how many course-credits the badge represents. Issuers can create multiple custom badge properties that can be associated with badges.
- Enabled in the organization settings.
- Designed in the issuer settings.
- Activated on the individual badges, where applicable.
Enabling custom badge properties for your organization
- From your Badgr account, select the Badgr logo in the upper left, and select your organization from the drop-down menu to navigate to your organization's space.
- Select the box with the ellipses and then select Edit organization.
- Select the Content settings tab.
- Under the title Content settings, you will see a list of items with checkboxes.
- Locate Allow custom badge properties and check the box.
Creating custom badge properties for your issuer
- From the issuer tab, select the issuer where you plan to add badge properties.
- Select the box with the ellipses and select Edit issuer from the drop menu.
- Select the Custom badge properties tab in the middle of the page.
- Select the Add custom badge property button. This will open editing options.
- Single choice — allows you to create a predefined property field with the custom choices available in a drop menu. Badge editors may associate one of the choices in the dropdown to a particular badge (e.g., Yes/No).
- Number — allows editors to associate a numerical value with a badge (e.g., "3").
- Text — allows editors to associate a string of text with a badge (e.g., "Offered in partnership with Badgr").
- Rich Text — allows editors to associate a string of rich text with a badge using Markdown. Markdown allows users to use formatting features such as ordered or numbered lists and URLs (e.g., [Learn more about Open Badges](https://openbadges.org/)).
This option is permanent once the property is saved. To change the property label, description, type or visibility, the property must be removed. If removed from the issuer, the property settings will also be removed from the associated badges and awards.
Name and description
Adding custom properties to an existing badge
- Single choice will have a dropdown menu where you can select one of your predefined property options
- Number will only allow you to enter a numerical value
- Rich text will allow limited formatting options
Select the Save changes button to add the custom property to the badge. When you view the badge's public page, the custom property will be visible if the box making the property public was selected when editing the issuer. If the box was left unselected, then the badge property will appear only for your organization's admins, but not for issuer staff or badge recipients.
Removing custom properties from a badge
- Select the issuer containing the property, and select the ellipses in the box to edit the issuer.
- Select the custom badge properties tab, and select Remove.
- You can select Add custom badge property if you wish to add a new custom property to your issuer.