This is a paid feature of Badgr Pro.
With Custom Badge Properties, you can add a property containing customized text or numbered values to your badges. This can be helpful for situations when you want to differentiate one badge from another within a particular issuer. For example, the badge properties could indicate that it was awarded for a credit-bearing course. It could also indicate how many course-credits the badge represents. Issuers can create multiple Custom Badge Properties that can be associated with badges.
Setting up custom badge properties requires three different steps. It must be (1) enabled in the organization settings, (2) designed in the issuer settings, and (3) activated on the individual badges, where applicable.
1. Enabling Custom Badge Properties for your Organization
- From your Badgr account, navigate to your organization space by selecting the profile icon in the upper right.
- Select the box with the ellipses and then select "Edit Organization."
- Select the "Content Settings" tab.
- Under the title "Content settings" you will see a list of items with checkboxes.
- Locate "Allow Custom Badge Properties" and check the box.
2. Creating Custom Badge Properties
- From the Issuer menu, select the issuer where you plan to add badge properties.
- Select the box with the ellipses, and select "Edit Issuer" from the drop menu.
- Select the "Custom Badge Properties" tab in the middle of the page.
- Select the "Add Custom Badge Property" button.
- Single Choice - allows you to create a predefined property field with the custom choices available in a drop menu. Badge editors may associate one of the choices in the dropdown to a particular badge (e.g. Yes/No).
- Number - allows editors the ability to associate a numerical value with a badge (e.g. "3").
- Text - allows editors the ability to associate a string of text with a badge (e.g. Offered in partnership with Badgr).
- Rich Text - allows editors the ability to associate a string of rich text with a badge using Markdown. Markdown allows users to use formatting features such as ordered or numbered lists and URLs (e.g. [Learn more about Open Badges](https://openbadges.org/)).
This option is permanent once the property is saved. To change the property label, description, type, or visibility, the property must be removed. If removed from the Issuer, the property settings will also be removed from the associated badges and awards.
Select the "Save Changes" button to add the custom property to the badge. When you view the public page of the badge then the custom property will be visible if the box making the property public was selected when editing the issuer. If the box was left unselected then the badge property will appear only for Admins of your organization, but not for issuer staff or badge recipients.
Removing Custom Properties from a Badge