You may want to work with your team to define your set of badges and how you intend for them to work in Canvas using module completion requirements before creating badges. For easy collaborative system design discussions, you can download and use the Badgr Simple Learning Pathway Worksheet (XLSX).
- Australia - https://au.badgr.com
- Canada - https://ca.badgr.com
- European Union - https://eu.badgr.com
- U.S. - https://badgr.com
Create a new issuer or select the issuer you would like to create a badge for.
Select the Create Badge button
Add a badge image:
- Upload an image (see Recommended specifications for badge images).
- Design a badge in Badgr – select the Design Image link above the image dialog. Use the Randomize option to click until you find an image you'd like to use or use the Customize option to design your own badge.
2.Enter the following:
- Badge Name (e.g., "Founding Documents Badge")
- Badge Short Description. What does this badge represent? (e.g., "Learn all you need to know about the Constitution and Declaration of Independence")
Criteria URL or text. What must be done to earn the badge? (e.g., "https://badgr.io/public/badges/founding-documents-badge/criteria" or "Students must submit an essay that demonstrates...")
Note: URL is *not required* if you enter text into the criteria field. If a URL is included, it should be publicly accessible, not behind a login such as a Canvas course.
Add Optional Details
Emsi Open Skills/Indeed.com
Badgr and Emsi have partnered together to help learners and job seekers worldwide understand how their credentials translate into the skills that lead to a successful career or promotion. Each skill in the Emsi skills library has a public page that describes the skill, highlights related skills, and lists the top companies that include the skill in their job postings. Badges issued by Badgr Pro issuers can now be linked with skills so that links to job market data appear when those badges are viewed or shared. For more information, see Incorporating Emsi Skills in Badges.
Custom Badge Properties
Badgr Pro now allows Issuers to add a custom badge property containing customized text or numbered values to their badges. For more information, see Custom Badge Properties.
- Go to the Issuer section of your account.
- Select the Issuer that defined the badge you wish to edit.
- Select the badge you want to edit.
- From the badge detail page, select Edit in the right column.
Make edits and click Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.