An issuer must be created before badges can be created and awarded.
💡 You can create and edit Issuers and badges from your Badgr.com account. If you are a Canvas teacher/instructor, the Issuers and badges you create at Badgr.com will be available in your courses. See Creating an issuer profile in Badgr and Creating badges as an issuer in Badgr.
Create an Issuer for your Canvas course
- Select the "Badges" menu option when logged into Canvas. (If you do not see this option, you may need to add Badgr to your course)
- If you have already created an issuer in your Badgr account, it should appear. If this is the case, you can move on to the Creat Badges section below.
- If you do not have access to any Issuers, you may create one. On the right side, you will see "Create Issuer." Click this link.
Create badges within your Canvas Course
- Once you've defined an Issuer, you will be taken to the Objectives tab of the badges menu.
- Select the arrow that corresponds to the module you wish to add a badge.
- Select Create New Badge.
Provide the badge name, description, criteria and image, then select Create.
- We recommend you upload your own badge images that align with your content or brand.
- Alternatively, you may use the Badge Studio to create simple badge designs with different shapes, clipart and color options.
- The badge is assigned to the module you initially selected by default. However, you can assign and unassign the badge in any module.
If you attempt to create an issuer or badge and the appropriate button is "greyed out," please refresh the page and try again. If you continue to experience difficulty, you may create an issuer and badges in your Badgr account and access them in Canvas.
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com