- Ensure you are enrolled as a teacher in the Canvas course.
- You need to define an issuer in Badgr before creating the Badgr Pathway.
- You will need to create the Badgr Pathway prior to installing the LTI.
- You can add the Pathway LTI to your course more than once if you have more than one Pathway.
⚠️ Badgr Pathways is a paid Badgr Pro feature. For information on pricing for your organization contact our sales team.
Installing the Badgr Pathway LTI is easy!
Badgr Pathways gives teachers and students an easy to use view of their progress through a pathway right in their Canvas courses. Here's how to set it up.
Sign in to your Badgr account and navigate select "issuer" from the top navigation bar.
Select an issuer associated with your organization from the list.
- Select the "Pathways" tab.
- Select the title of the Pathway you wish to use in Canvas.
- Select the "LTI Integrations" tab.
- Select the "Add Integration" button
- Give your new integration a meaningful name and select the type of integration you are creating. In most cases, this will be Canvas.
- A card should appear in the LTI integrations for your Pathway with your designated name.
9. In another tab, go to the desired Canvas account, sub-account or course. Choose Settings in the left-hand menu.
10. Select View App Configurations, then Add App.
11. From the drop-down menu, choose the By URL method and copy the Consumer Key and Shared Secret into the dialog, along with the Config URL.
12. Copy and paste the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret (Shared Secret), and Config URL presented in the Badgr Pathways dialog box into your Canvas integration. Copy the name or fill out a name you won't forget.
13. Once the information is entered, select Done and refresh the browser window.
14. Observe the new menu item, Pathways, in the course navigation along the left side. Click this item to view your pathway.
If you wish to add the LTI by XML, follow instructions 1-10 above.
- Rather than selecting by URL from the drop-down, select the Paste XML option.
Copy the Consumer Key and Shared Secret into the appropriate fields.
Enter a name.
Copy the XML provided below, and paste it into the XML Configuration field.
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticc_v1p0 http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/lti/ltiv1p0/imslticc_v1p0.xsd http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsbasiclti_v1p0 http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/lti/ltiv1p0/imsbasiclti_v1p0.xsd http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticm_v1p0 http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/lti/ltiv1p0/imslticm_v1p0.xsd">
Integrate with Badgr Pathways to view progress along a learning pathway.
If you have multiple Pathways integrations and need to differentiate them or would just prefer a different name in the navigation pane, you can change the name.