Badgr Pathways is a paid feature of Badgr Pro.
The Badgr Pathways LTI app allows Blackboard instructors to add Badgr Pathways to courses. Instructors can view group or individual progress along the learning pathway. Students are able to see their own individual progress and are provided with a roadmap of their learning journey. Badgr Pathways can be constructed using Open Badges from any platform and/or issuer.
- Ensure you are enrolled as a teacher in the course.
- Define an issuer in Badgr before creating the Badgr Pathway.
- Define the set of badges that will be used for the Pathway.
- Create and publish a Badgr Pathway.
- Create an LTI for the desired Pathway.
Installing the Badgr Pathway LTI is easy!
Badgr Pathways gives teachers and students an easy to use view of their progress through a pathway right in their Blackboard courses. Here's how to set it up.
Sign in to your Badgr account and navigate select "issuer" from the top navigation bar.
Select an issuer associated with your organization from the list.
- Select the "Pathways" tab.
- Select the title of the Pathway you wish to use in Blackboard.
- Select the "LTI Integrations" tab.
- Select the "Add Integration" button
- Give your new integration a meaningful name and select the type of integration you are creating.
- A card should appear in the LTI integrations for your Pathway with your designated name.
4. From here, enter a title for the LTI app you are creating.
1. Use the drop-down menu and ensure the LTI is visible to students.
2. Copy the Launch or Configuration URL from the custom LTI you created in Badgr Pathways. For Blackboard it is always https://badgr.com/api/lti/spg/launch.
3. Once you have added a Configuration URL, the Key and Security Token fields will become available. Copy and paste the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret (Shared Secret) into the corresponding fields.
5. Select the Save button.
6. Use the dropdown menu from the External Tool to preview the results in a new window. The new window should open up a view of your Pathway.
7. Add the External Tool as Content to the course and make it visible to students.