Badgr Pathways is a paid feature of Badgr Pro.
The Badgr Pathways LTI app allows Blackboard instructors to add Badgr Pathways to courses. Instructors can view group or individual progress along the learning pathway. Students can see their individual progress and are provided with a roadmap of their learning journey. Badgr Pathways can be constructed using Open Badges from any platform and/or issuer.
Installing the Badgr Pathway LTI is easy!
Badgr Pathways gives teachers and students an easy-to-use view of their progress through a pathway right in their Blackboard courses. Here's how to set it up.
Step-by-Step: How to install
Sign in to your Badgr account and select Issuer from the top navigation bar.
Select an issuer associated with your organization from the list.
- Select the Pathways tab.
- Select the title of the pathway you wish to use in Blackboard.
- Select the LTI integrations tab.
- Select the Add integration button
- Give your new integration a meaningful name and select the type of integration you're creating.
- A card should appear in the LTI integrations for your pathway with your designated name.
- Sign in as a teacher and access the course where you wish to add a pathway.
- Go to the course content area and select the plus sign, then the Create button.
- From the create menu, select Teaching tools with LTI connection.
- From here, enter a title for the LTI app you're creating.
- Use the drop-down menu and ensure the LTI is visible to students.
- Copy the Launch or Configuration URL from the custom LTI you created in Badgr Pathways. For Blackboard, it's always https://badgr.com/api/lti/spg/launch.
- Once you've added a Configuration URL, the Key and Security token fields will become available. Copy and paste the Consumer key and Consumer secret (Shared secret) into the corresponding fields.
- Select the Save button.
- Use the dropdown menu from the External tool to preview the results in a new window. The new window should open up a view of your pathway.
- Add the External tool as content to the course and make it visible to students.