The Badgr Pathways LTI app allows Moodle instructors to add Badgr Pathways to courses. Instructors can view group or individual progress along the learning pathway. Students are able to see their own individual progress and are provided with a roadmap of their learning journey. Badgr Pathways can be constructed using Open Badges from any platform and/or issuer.
- Ensure you are enrolled as a teacher in the Moodle course.
- Define an issuer in Badgr before creating the Badgr Pathway.
- Define the set of badges that will be used for the Pathway.
- Create and publish a Badgr Pathway.
- Create an LTI for the desired Pathway.
A single pathway can be added to multiple courses and/or multiple pathways can be added to a single course.
Badgr Pathways gives teachers and students an easy to use view of their progress through a pathway right in their Moodle courses. Here's how to set it up.
Sign in to your Badgr account and navigate select "issuer" from the top navigation bar.
Select an issuer associated with your organization from the list.
- Select the "Pathways" tab.
- Select the title of the Pathway you wish to use in Moodle.
- Select the "LTI Integrations" tab.
- Select the "Add Integration" button
- Give your new integration a meaningful name and select the type of integration you are creating.
- A card should appear in the LTI integrations for your Pathway with your designated name.
10. In another tab, go to the desired Moodle account, sub-account, or course and Turn Editing On.
11. Select Add an Activity or Resource, then select External Tool.
12. Copy and paste the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret (Shared Secret), and Config URL presented in the Badgr Pathways dialog box into your Moodle integration. Copy the name or fill out a name you won't forget.
13. Once the information is entered, select Save.
Students who access the Pathways menu in a course will automatically be subscribed to the Pathway