Connecting Badgr as the external backpack in Moodle allows users to easily add badge awards to their account.
How to Connect Badgr as your External Backpack
- Login to Moodle and select the profile icon in the upper right
- Select "Preferences" from the drop-down menu
- Under "Badges" select "Backpack Settings"
- Select your server location from the drop-down menu labeled "Backpack provider," and enter the email and password for your Badgr account.
- In a different tab, open your email box and find the verification code.
- Paste the link to complete the verification and connect your Badgr backpack.
After the backpack connection is successfully established, badges from your backpack can be displayed on your badges page and your profile page. Go to Manage badges (via Preferences / Badges) and click the icon to add your badge to your backpack.
You can also select collections of badges from your backpack that you would like to display in your profile.
For more information, you can also visit Moodle.
Moodle version 3.7-3.9 Push to Backpack on Non-US servers
- Update to the latest version of Moodle to select a backpack from a non-US server.
- Teachers use a US Badgr account, and request that students create US server accounts using login URL https://badgr.com/auth/login.
- Students create a Badgr account in their home server (EU, AU, CA) and manually upload badges. These articles will help students with the process: Uploading non-Badgr Badges, Transferring badges to an account on a different server.
- Modify the Moodle database table to reflect your home server following the notes in this Moodle support thread link: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-66585 Note, this option may cease to work when Moodle makes a code update.