QR and Claim Codes are a feature of Badgr Pro. Users may award badges with a URL and claim code or a scannable QR code.
Creating a Claim Code
- While signed in to your Badgr account, select the person icon in the upper right corner to navigate to your organization's space
- Then select an organization issuer from the Issuer tab, and select the badge for which you want to make a QR or Claim Code.
- Select the Claim Code tab from the badge detail page.
4. Once you have clicked the "Create Claim Code" button, you may optionally add an expiration date or limit the number of times your badge can be claimed. Enter this information, if desired, and select the "Create Claim Code" button.
5. Now, you will be presented with a QR Code image, Claim Code, and Claim URL. Users can select "Edit" to adjust Expiration Dates and Claim Limits.
6. After selecting the "Done" button, the claim code will appear on the Claim Code tab. You can see under the Status column if the claim code is active or deactivated. To change the status, delete, or edit the claim code, select the ellipses on the right to open the drop menu.
- Claim URL: When editing the QR code, you can copy the Claim URL. Include this information near the QR code so users can enter the URL to claim their badge.
- Claim URL and Claim code: Recipients may have difficulty copying the entire URL correctly. You can break this into two steps by directing users to your organization page's URL and add /claim (e.g. Badgreducation.badgr.com/claim) once users enter this URL, they will be prompted to enter the 10 digit claim code.
If users are already signed in to their Badgr account, a drop-down list will be available to choose one of their verified emails to award the badge to.
2. The issuer may provide recipients with the badge's specific Claim URL. This URL already contains the claim code and will open a badge claim page where users can enter their email address to claim their badge.
If you have entered an incorrect Claim Code, you may receive an error message. If you encounter an error message when trying to claim a badge you believe you have earned, please contact your issuer for more information.